Saturday, March 3, 2012

Renwick

I am delighted to share the news with you that I have been named one of four recipients of the Distinguished Craft Educator Award from the Renwick Gallery of the Smithsonian Museum  of American Art.

I shall be receiving the award as part of a weekend conference on
American Crafts, March 23-25 in Washington, DC.

In addition, I have been asked to participate in a panel dealing with
the topic of the Japanese Influence on American Craft -  focusing
specifically upon Ceramics.

At the awards breakfast on Sunday, March 25 I have further been
asked to share some thoughts about myself and the future of ceramic
education.

Please go to these links for highlights about me and the weekend's events:

http://www.jra.org/documents/JudithSchwartzBio.pdf


With warm regards,
Judith

No comments: